Tuesday, March 16, 2010

not letting go

Have you ever thought how a mobile phone sometime becomes such an integral part of your life, that when the time comes to change it, you hang on to it just like a dog hangs on to his bone? And no, its not because you can't buy another phone or because your phone is your life; its because a part of your life, a part of you is in that phone. and getting rid of it is like giving away a working body organ .
It may seem silly, but i personally feel that way and that is exactly why i have not changed my phone for the past two years and neither do i intend to until and unless my phone dies a natural death, just like my older phone - a beautiful black Nokia 6600( it fell a zillion times, received a million calls and finally caught a virus).
And its not just me, i know quite a few people who share such a bond with their phones and can't seem to get rid of them.
This habit of not being able to get separated from your phone is as fascinating as fascinating can get, displaying the complex, sometimes idiotic nature of man.

1 comment:

  1. agreed geetan...I love my phones and i really feel i can't live without my phone :)

    ReplyDelete