Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bubble wraps

Bubble wrap is a pliable transparent plastic material commonly used for packing fragile items.Regularly spaced, protruding air-filled hemispheres ("bubbles") provide cushioning for precious or breakable items.

this is what bubble wrap is according to the Wikipedia.to me its a lot more.the time we moved to our new house all the crystal and the china was bubble wrapped.i wasnt very old then but that's when i found the joys of bubble wrap.i, till today, dint know that this unique wrap was invented and introduced by two engineers Mr.Alfred Fieldind and Mr.Marc Chavvanes in 1957 under the company name Sealed Air.and hey!the company celebrated its 50th anniversary on 25th February,2010.Sealed Air operates in 52 countries and has more than 17,000 employees worldwide.

everytime i burst a bubble of the bubble wrap these things never came to my mind.bubble wrap is my stress buster,my friend who not only protects the china and the other sensitive articles of my house but also helps me pass my time without getting bored.

2 comments:

  1. Did you want to say German sausages when you said 'Geraman'? and operates when you said 'opeartes'? :P
    am sorry but you can't escape my picking on these mundane details..it's an occupational hazard of being my friend!!
    congratulations on your newest fetish :)
    love the template:)
    miss you
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. geetan..i totally agree..i love the bubble wrap and i never thought of all these things while bursting the bubbles!We never realize such things can also be a part of our lives.I love your post!
    All the best!
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete